Despite the fact that tuna, along with other marine life, contains mercury, consumed in moderation tuna provides protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids with very little saturated fat. Whether canned or fresh, there are several healthy, nutrient-packed ways to prepare and eat tuna.
I love this great easy three minutes tuna salad. It makes a really easy snack or even a lunch for your busy day. It uses three main ingredients and spices of your choice; I used black pepper, paprika and cumin here.
Three minutes tuna salad
This salad is crazy fast to eat and crazy delicious to eat. It will not take you more then three minutes to make it. It”s great for Paleo diet beginners. Don’t let time and budget hold you back from sticking into Paleo.
There is always something fun to make with real food, you just need to use your artistic tips and tools to be able to satisfy your tummy.
- Two medium tomatoes
- Two 5 oz tuna cans in olive oil. I use the wild planet brand that you can get from amazon or Costco. likelly my own Costco carries it.
- 1/3 cup yellow onion( you can also use red onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- A pinch real sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Half a squeezed lemon juice
1. Chop the tomatoes and onions
2. Add the tuna, the cumin, paprika, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and ENJOY!
Note: Canned albacore tuna has low levels of mercury, is higher in omega-3 fats than chunk light tuna and is a sustainable choice if it’s labeled as troll- or pole-caught, from the U.S. or British Columbia.
This same recipe could be used with wild caught canned salmon as well.P lease don’t hesitate to share one of your favorite ways to prepare canned tuna.
Thanks for taking time to PIN IT