Simple Low Carb Mediterranean Summer Salad
I am currently in Algeria, North Africa where I am originally from enjoying some quality vacation with my family. I made this simple low carb mediterranean summer salad from vegetables I picked at my mom’s garden. The freshness of the vegetables made this salad taste amazing. I love making it during summer in San Francisco too when bell peppers are in season at the farmer’s market.
In Algeria mostly everyone follows the Mediterranean diet. It incorporates the basics of healthy eating plus a splash of flavorful olive oil. My family eats mostly a mixture of the Mediterranean diet and paleo. During our stay here we are enjoying lots of local organic fruits and vegetables, grass-fed meats and all sorts of fresh wild seafood especially sardines.
Simple Low Carb Mediterranean Summer Salad Recipe
- 3 sliced tomatoes
- 4 diced bell peppers ( I fries them in coconut oil for 5 minutes to help remove the peel )
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Himalayan pink salt for seasoning ( I use this brand )
- Feta Cheese
- Greens to decorate
- In a salad bowl mix all the ingredients add olive oil, vinegar and sea salt.
Be sure to PIN IT