I come from a small town called Tigzirt by the shore in North Africa (Algeria), where we have different fresh seafood everyday. My mom use to make this Tajine with sardines, so I thought why not giving is a try with salmon and it came out amazingly tasty.
This Tajine was a hit at a friend’s potluck. Everyone was asking for the recipe and I thought I should blog it. The amazing part about it is, it’s super easy to make. You just place everything together in the oven dish and your delicious Tagine is ready in 40 minutes.
Mediterranean Style Salmon Recipe
- 4 (6 ounce) fillet Salmon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ( where to buy )
- 1 teaspoon paprika ( where to buy )
- 1 teaspoon cumin ( where to buy )
- 6 tablespoons olive oil ( where to buy )
- 2 teaspoon dried basil ( where to buy )
- 1 lemon ( take 2 tablespoons from the juice for the marinade and cut the rest of the lemon into labels )
- 2 tomatoes cut in slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Real sea salt and black pepper
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing all the spices, garlic, onion, olive oil, basil, salt, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish
- Place the tomatoes slices and the lemon peels on top of the salmon.
- Cover with the marinade ( for more taste, you can leave it in the fridge an hour before cooking it to marinate )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake for 40 minutes. If you want a grilled look, you can turn on broil for 5 more minutes after it’s cooked.
Did you know that most olive oil is fake and mixed with some cheap oils? Here is WHERE TO BUY 100% REAL EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL ONLINE.
Don’t Forget to PIN IT please