If you are addicted to dark chocolate like me, you will love these delicious cuties. I made these Paleo double chocolate muffins as a treat for my birthday two weeks ago and only had a chance to eat one, but my kids and their friends were going crazy about them. I originally wanted to make a cake with two layers and was running out of time as my kids wanted their friends to taste them. I think the idea of turning them into muffins was the best choice. Cakes are fun to make but, sometimes the decoration takes some extra effort. It takes like 25 minutes to make them including the cooking time.
Paleo Double Chocolate Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour ( this 5 pounds bag is the value )
- 1/2 cup coconut oil ( get it here )
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla ( get it here )
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar ( get it here) )
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup ( get it here )
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda (get it here )
- 1 tablet 85% melted dark chocolate ( get it here )
- 1 tablespoons cacao powder ( get it here )
- A pinch sea salt ( get it here )
- Shredded unsweetened coconut ( get it here )
- Soy free chocolate chips ( get it here )
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil ( Optional ). I recommend only young living essential oils for ingestion. Get it here
- Preheat the oven at 350 fahrenheit
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Mix all the liquid ingredients and add them to the dry ones
- Butter some silicone muffin cups
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups and sprinkle with coconut.
- Add few chocolate chips for decoration
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I hope you will enjoy it. Feel free to ask me any question you may have. Please take a moment to share on your favorite social media.
Be sure to PIN it/strong>