I am not sure about your own toddler, but mine hates anything green her plate. I usually hide stuff for her in smoothies, but for some reasons she loved this stuffed chicken with creme fraiche and for some reasons she did not care about the spinach. I am guessing the creme covered whatever taste she does not like in green leafy vegetables.
How to make stuffed chicken with creme fraiche
For the marinate
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 chicken breasts ( choose organic if possible )
- 1 teaspoon curry powder. Get it here
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric. Get it here
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger. Get it here
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or powered mustard. Get it here
- 1/2 herbes de provence. Get it here
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
For the stuffing:
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 pound of organic frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Real Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 spoon of cumin. Get it here
- Open the chicken breasts, place them in an oven dish and add all the ingredients in the marinate section.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 12 hours
- In a pan, sauté the onions in ghee for about 10 minutes and add the spinach
- Sprinkle with salt and and pepper
- Add the cumin and cook for another 20 minute at medium heat
- Take off the heat and add Creme Fraiche or sour cream.
- Open up the chicken breasts and put a spoonful and roll it to close it. ( you can use wooden skewers to kind of keep it closed)
- Sprinkle the rest of the stuffing on to or in between the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the oven at 350.
- Place them in baking dish with a lid and bake for hone hour and half hours.
- After it’s cooked remove the lid and put some butter on to of the breast and roast on medium for 5 minutes.
Note: You can follow the same steps If you want to use the slow cooker. Enjoy!
Please take a moment to share on social Media and PIN the picture
Pin it here