Paleo Thai Seafood Soup
Seafood has a big place in the mediterranean cuisine. Sardines especially are considered the most affordable seafood almost all families can afford. This recipes was inspired from a sardine soup my mom use to make every wednesday. This particular day, we have a special bag of sardines delivered to us from the fisherman himself. I tried this recipe with almost every seafood that I buy, but it turned out that preparing it with shrimps gives it a unique and special flavor.It turned out as a Thai soup with a Mediterranean, North African zest.
How to make this Paleo Thai Seafood Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil. ( Buy it here)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric ( Buy it here )
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry (Buy it here )
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ( buy it here )
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded cilantro ( Buy it here)
- 1/2 seven spices blend ( Buy it here)
- fine sea salt ( Buy it here )
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 4 pieces of whole peeled ginger ( like half an inch each)
- 2 sticks fresh lemongrass or 1 tablespoon dried
- 5 cups water or fish broth. follow this link for an easy recipe:https://healthfoodlover.com/hfl/2012/05/fish-head-broth-recipe-fish-head-seaweed-coconut-soup/
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk. ( Buy it here )
- 1 pound shrimps
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- In a stockpot, melt the fat add the onion, garlic and the salt sauté for 5 minutes
- add all the spices and the ginger and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- add the water or the broth and bring to boil
- squeeze the lemon and put it inside the stockpot
- add the celery, the carrots and the mushrooms let cook for 15 minutes
- add the shrimp and the coconut milk and let cook for another 5 minutes on high head.
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro
Please take a moment to subscribe to my newsletter and hit share on social media. Also don’t forget to PIN.