Essential 0ils for thicker and stronger hair. Do you want radiant, healthy looking hair and scalp? Summer is the best time to take extra care of it as almost all our activities involve sun exposure. Every time I visit my hair stylist I get a compliment how my hair texture and the way it feels has improved the last few years. Would you like to hear my experience and hair routine? And also discover my recipe; Essential Oils for Thicker and Stronger Hair?
But first, did you know that how our hair looks, feels and grows can be affected by:
- Genetics (what are parents passed down to us)
- The quality of our sleep
- What we put on it (synthetic chemical based shampoos, conditioners, gel, etc)
- What we eat and drink (good for body=good for hair)
- What we do (swimming in chlorinated pools, using hair dryer, etc)
- Quality of our shower water (Use a shower filter for best results to remove fluoride, chlorine, iron oxides (“rust water”), reduce harmful VOCs and other contaminants.)
- Our ability to release and manage our stress level and
I have experienced hair changes after the birth of my baby, everything I put on my hair seem to dry it out and that’s what motivated me to switch into making different homemade hair masks, bath oils, sprays …etc
Do you want to learn how to thiken your hair naturally? Did you know that most shampoos, hair and skincare products on the market contain synthetic materials that create many of our hair, scalp and skin challenges? The only hair care products I buy and trust when not using my homemade is the AromaSilk line by Young Living as they use 100% natural, raw and organic ingredients.
Few Harmful Ingredients in hair care products
- Propylene Glycol – may causes dry skin and skin irritation.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Laureth Sulfate – surfactant that may corrode hair follicles
- Oleyl betaine – may cause dry hair and scalp.
- Mineral oils – petroleum products clog pores! Yes, the molecule is too big to be absorbed by the skin
The main ingredients in today’s recipe are
- Rosemary essential oil: Rosemary oil is one of the most broadly used plants throughout the ages. It’s widely used for hair care in shampoos and lotions. PS It also is very common for Rosemary oil to be adulterated. So make sure you know your source.
- Cedarwood essential oil: Cedarwood essential oil can promote healthy hair and scalp and reduce dryness. It can also help with sleep issues which is an essential ailment in staying healthy.
- Sacred Frankincense essential oil: Frankincense is valued more than gold during ancient times. It is one of the best ingredients in skin care as it promote healthy looking skin therefore great for the scalp.
- Progessence Plus: Progessence Plus Serum is an all natural balancing tonic made with essential oils and wild yam extract which has no harmful chemicals. Wild Yam has a long history in skin and hair care products, particularly in Asia, where it is used to promote luxuriant hair . Progessence serum was specifically designed with women in mind by D. Gary Young and Dr. Dan Purser, MD, to help balance the body as needed. Because of its formula it does not require cyclic use or rotation of skin sites unlike most progesterone creams.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is not an essential oil but it is one such natural ingredient often used in a list of cosmetics. It is an answer to lack of thick hair that may be course and brittle. It contains vital nutrients like vitamin E, minerals and proteins which work magic for exceptional hair growth.
Essential Oils for Thicker and Stronger Hair Recipe
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil (get it here)
- 20 drops cedarwood essential oil (get it here)
- 10 drops sacred frankincense (get it here)
- 10 drops Progesssence Plus (get it here)
- 1/2 cup castor oil (get it here)
Add the ingredients into an amber glass jar with a pump. Shake the ingredients to mix them evenly. Store in a dark glass jar. When applying massage a dime size drop into the scalp two times a day for at least two minutes.
Some healthy habits for beautiful and stronger hair
- Consume grass-fed Gelatin: Gelatin promotes healthy skin, and nails. Gelatin or bone broth should be one of the most important foods to consume on a daily basis as they are rich in amino acid glycine and proline which are hard to get from our daily diets. Get it here
- Eat enough protein: Protein like wild fish and grass fed meats have the nessessary fats for balancing hormones and promoting healthy hair growth.
- Support balanced hormones for healthy hair growth: Hormones and gut bacteria can destroy health and are often a major cause of hair loss or poor hair growth. To achieve optimal health, make sure those health issues are addressed. Read about the essential oils for hormonal balance here.
- Support thyroid health to increase hair growth naturally: Every part of the body requires thyroid hormone for proper functioning, and that includes the hair follicles. Make sure to support your underactive thyroid by eating Iodine rich foods, protein, healthy fats, probiotics and fermented foods, omega-3s and avoid sugar, coffee, soy, gluten …etc
- Vitamins: Some vitamin like vitamin C ( broccoli, citrus, spinach ) and Biotin ( fish, berries, nuts, some vegetables) are very important for healthy hair growth. you can also get Vitamin c and Biotin in supplement.
- Consider your Low Ferritin: Low ferritin (the stored form of iron) is one of the most common causes of hair loss in women. Given low ferritin is also a common problem for hypothyroid people, it is important to have iron testing including ferritin especially if you are experiencing hair loss. It is not enough to be told by your doctor that your iron levels are ‘normal’. Ferritin levels are not always tested. Get a copy of your lab results and be sure ferritin has been specifically tested.
You may want to consider getting a good quality filtered shower head if you don’t have filtered water through out your home. Your body and your hair will thank you. Chlorine may cause dry skin and hair.
If you are making the recipe above, please consider using essential oils of the very highest quality and purity. It takes time and effort to encourage and maintain healthy hair, and you don’t want to compromise your results by using cheap inferior essential oils and hair care products through trying to save a little money. Enroll as a wholesale member here with your starter kit and throw in some of these extra oils shampoos and conditioners made specifically for you to promote healthy looking hair and scalp before you checkout.
Before you leave checkout my other homemade Beauty and personal care recipes below: