Smoothing and Firming Skin Cream
One of the worst skin condition that women fear is cellulite. It looks like dimpled or bumpy skin. It’s sometimes described as having a cottage cheese or orange peel texture. Cellulite is formed by fat deposits and toxins resting beneath your skin. lack of exercise, and diet all contribute to the formation of cellulite. While there is no remedies proven yet to help with cellulite, there is still some diet, exercise, creams that could help smooth and minimize its appearance.
I have recently started feeling this orange peel texture on my legs and decided to create a cream that I apply after each shower or before my daily exercise. My skin is Def more firm and smooth and will continue using it until I reach my goal.
How to make a smoothing skin cream
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil.( Buy it here)
- 2 tablespoons Beeswax. ( Buy it here)
- 1 tablespoon Shea butter. ( Buy it here)
- 5 drops carrot seed oil. (Buy it here)
- 5 drops Frankincense oil. ( Buy it here)
- 10 drops Ginger oil. ( Buy it here)
- 10 drops Geranium oil. (Buy it here)
- 30 drops Helichrysum oil. ( Buy it here)
- Melt the beeswax on top of a double boiler
- add the coconut oil and Shea butter.
- Remove from the heat let it cool off and add all the essential oils
- Put in a kitchen aid and whisk until the cream starts to foam
- Store in a cool area and use as needed
Tips to reduce cellulite
- Go green; eat lots of green leafy vegetables and herbs such as kale, basil, spinach, basil
- load yourself up with antioxidants; eat foods high in antioxidants such as red and orange fruits, berries
- Exercise: exercise boosts circulation therefore improves overall skin tone
- Use herbs: dandelion, ginger, green tea
- Stay away from toxins: tobacco, high processed foods, sugars, gluten, grains, and vegetable oils
- Eat healthy fats: stay away from saturated fats, they cause poor circulation therefore reduces the body’s ability to deliver nutrients to skin cells.
- Skin care: Choose scrubs, creams, massage oils with activated smoothing skin ingredients
- Use Essential oils: Some need to be diluted and some can just be applied directly to the skin or taken internally in your cup of water. The ones that are known ton support skin smoothness are: frankincense oil, carrot seed oil, ginger oil, grapefruit oil, geranium oil, lavender oil, lemon oil, Myrrh, Patchouli oil, tea tree oil, Yang yang oil…etc.
Do you have any tips you would like to add? Please feel to Leave them in a comment.